Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Hangin' with Mr. Cooper



I mentioned early on in this blog that one of DNDA's properties, the Cooper building, did not require a lot of attention from me. Allthough it is actually the same building my office is in, the residents of the low-income artist housing above me tend and care for their garden with vigor and expertise. There are a ton of container beds scattered about the terraced hillside. There is a chicken coop that is also a chicken cooperative in which residents share responsibility and benefit. The Cooper gardeners' success has never been more evident. I managed to take a lunchtime stroll through the gardens yesterday and, with the recent summertime weather that has finally come to Seattle, they are looking beautiful. Check it out!











No comments:

Post a Comment